Nix Ultra® Shampoo
- Kills Lice & Eggs, including Super Lice
- Cleans Hair – no additional shampoo step needed
- Pesticide Free*
- Easy Application
- No Parabens, phthalates, colorants, dyes
*Suffocates lice with mineral oil instead of using traditional pesticides
Nix Ultra® Shampoo eliminates head lice and eggs, including hard-to-kill Super Lice, and cleans hair.
Nix Ultra® Shampoo kills lice and, unlike some lice treatments, kills eggs too, by suffocation.
Nix Ultra® Shampoo is specially designed to eliminate hard-to-kill Super Lice, which have developed resistance to many traditional lice treatments.
Nix® is the #1 Pediatrician and Pharmacist recommended brand, trusted by moms and hated by lice.
Apply Nix Ultra® Shampoo to dry hair, wait 10 minutes and then lather and rinse. Cleans hair with no additional shampoo step needed. Remaining lice and eggs are combed out with the high-quality Nix® Lice Removal Comb.
Indications for Use: Nix Ultra® Shampoo All- in- One Lice Treatment is intended to kill and remove head lice and their eggs from adults and children one year of age and older
Instructions for Use: See below to download product insert instructions in English and Spanish.
Step 1 – Spread the Shampoo over dry hair
Apply Nix Ultra® Shampoo to scalp and dry hair making sure the hair is completely covered. Massage it in well and make sure the hair close to the scalp is also treated. Ensure coverage behind ears and on back of neck. Leave Nix Ultra® Shampoo in hair for 10 minutes.
Nix Ultra® Shampoo is safe and non-toxic but care should be taken to avoid contact with eyes. Protect eyes with washcloth or towel.
Step 2 – Wash out the shampoo
Rub some water into the treated hair and work up a lather (foam). Rinse out the foam with lukewarm water. Rinse thoroughly until all the shampoo is rinsed out. Towel dry the hair. There is no need to wash the hair again with a regular shampoo. Note: For those with longer hair, curly hair or hair that easily tangles you may want to use a conditioner after rinsing out Shampoo and/or detangle hair using a brush or wide-tooth comb prior to using lice comb in step 3. Wash brush or wide-tooth comb after use to remove lice and nits.
Step 3 – Comb the hair with lice comb
Use Nix® Lice Removal Comb (included) to remove nits and lice.
Part hair into four sections. Comb one section at a time. Start at top of head. Lift a 1-2 inch wide section of hair. Place teeth of comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with firm, even motion away from scalp to the end of the hair. Use clips to pin back each section of combed hair. Keep hair damp while you combing.
Clean comb during use by wiping lice and nits onto tissue. Discard tissue into sealable plastic bag. After combing, recheck the entire head for lice and nits.
Seal and discard plastic bag containing nits and lice.
Check hair after 7 days and repeat use if lice or nits are present.
fragrance, laureth-4, mineral oil, MIPA laureth sulfate, propylene glycol
- Not for use by people with sensitivity to mineral oil.
- Intended for head (not pubic lice).
- Not for children under 12 months
- Care should be taken to avoid contact with the eyes. Protect eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Do not use this product if the scalp is already very irritated or injured.
- Do not use this product under occlusion, e.g., by covering up the hair with a cap or wrapped foil.
- Do not use this product for longer than directed.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Stop use if rash or irritation occurs
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes (mouth and nose). This product may cause severe eye irritation. In case of eye contact, immediately rinse with plenty of with water.
- For external use only. Do not swallow. In case of accidental ingestion contact a doctor or Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately.
- Keep treated hair away from fire, flame or other hot objects. Do not smoke during use or treatment.
- If spilled, clean up immediately. Nix Ultra® shampoo can be slippery.