Nix® Complete Lice Treatment Kit
Get all the lice treatment products you need—in one complete and convenient kit. The Nix® Complete Lice Treatment Kit provides all the de-lousing tools and information needed to walk you through the entire process of removing lice from your life! Treat lice in 3 easy steps: 1) Treat; 2) Remove and 3) Killing. The Nix® Complete Lice Treatment System Kit contains:
- Nix® Crème Rinse
- Nix® Lice and Egg Removal Comb and Gel
- BONUS: Lice Killing Spray included
HOW TO USE
Adults and children 2 months old and older
- Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- Examine small sections of hair at a time
- Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- If either lice or nits are found, treat with Nix® Crème Rinse
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix®. Rinse with water.
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
- Shake the bottle of Nix® well
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix®. Begin to apply Nix® behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Keep Nix® out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Leave Nix® on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer
- Rinse with warm water
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
Directions for Combing Gel
- Use after shampooing with lice killing Nix® Crème Rinse to promote easy combing and help detangle hair. When you finish combing, rinse hair thoroughly with warm water. Nix® Combing Gel does not kill lice and nits. Read all the directions in the Consumer Information Insert before use.
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
- Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed