Nix® For Health Care Professionals
Although head lice do not cause medical problems, infestations can lead to concern among parents as well as embarrassment, social stigma, and missed school days among kids. Consider some of the following factors when managing head lice.
Permethrin is the Recommended First Line of Treatment
The Academy of Pediatrics recommends the medicine in Nix® (permethrin) as the first line of treatment for lice. Maximum-strength Nix® has been the #1 pharmacist-recommended brand for more than 15 years. Some other things set Nix® products apart—Nix® kills lice and their eggs; protects against lice reinfestation for up to 14 days; and is safe for use on children as young as 2 months old.
Residual Effect Protects Against Reinfestation
The residual activity of Nix® kills lice — including baby lice as they hatch — and helps protect against lice reinfestation for 14 days.
According to the Western Journal of Medicine, products with longer residual effects, such as Nix®, are more likely to be ovicidal.
For School Nurses
For All Health Care Professionals
Lice are Developing Resistance to Traditional Treatments
Resistance has been reported with virtually all topical pediculicides, creating what has become known as resistant ‘super’ lice. Super Lice do not look any different from regular lice, and have been reported in at least 25 states, including California, Texas, Maine and Florida.*. They can only be identified by their resistance to traditional lice treatments. The most significant contributors to increasing resistance include:
- Overuse of pediculicides.
- Improper use of pediculicides. This includes not following instructions properly, retreating too soon or too late after the initial treatment, and diluting the pediculicide — all of which can allow lice to develop resistance.
- Reinfestation. An already treated person can easily become reinfested through contact with another infested person. Reinfestation is an all too common occurrence, which Nix® helps protect against with its residual effect.
Introducting Nix® Ultra
New Nix® Ultra kills all types of lice and eggs, even resistant ‘super’ lice
- Non-toxic, pesticide-free lice elimination kit quickly and safely works with one use
- #1 Pediatrician recommended brand
- #1 Pharmacist recommended brand
- Fast. Effective.
- Easy Application
- Tough on lice. Gentle on skin.